If in some way St. Peter's had a positive impact on your life, would you consider funding a gift to the Parish?
As good stewards of God’s gift of treasure from you, St. Peter’s plans and saves for the future by setting aside reserves to cover maintenance and repairs and for unanticipated drops in Sunday collections. But like the community, St. Peter’s has needs that require funding beyond what the weekly collection can support.
To provide a vehicle for this, we have established The Heritage Fund.
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."
You can make a donation to the Heritage Fund with a credit card by creating an account at Online Giving and selecting The Heritage Fund.
THE HERITAGE FUND
As a church we proclaim and live our Catholic faith as did our ancestors since the birth of Christ. Our HERITAGE or inheritance of the faith is ours to use and live. But we also have a responsibility to preserve it and hand it down to the next generation of believers.
The Heritage Fund at St. Peter’s will help us meet our responsibility. The funding it receives, often as gifts in the name of those who taught us the faith, will help to keep St. Peter’s as the rock on which others can build their faith.
The fund will maintain a list of projects and things that need funding beyond the Sunday collection. Some examples:
• Extensive maintenance of the church and grounds.
• Replacement of liturgical items.
• Funding new and expanded programs to serve the poor, the sick, and the needy.
• Helping our ministries grow in their ability to serve others.
WHAT CAN I BEQUEST TO ST. PETERS?
• Besides cash, you may donate appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds.
• St. Peter’s can be named as a beneficiary to life insurance policies.
• Annuities and trusts can be established to benefit you during your life and St. Peter’s after you die.
All bequests have tax and estate planning implications. Always talk to a professional before making any financial decisions.
The Heritage Fund is a way to donate to St. Peter’s to meet specific parish needs.
For more information about The Heritage Fund, please contact the rectory at 201-261-3366.